“Our sense of community does not depend upon all professing identical beliefs, for it grows from worshiping together, knowing one another, loving one another, accepting responsibilities, sharing and working together.” QF&P 10.03
See the bottom of the home page for current special events
Regular Events and Groups
It can be helpful in getting to know our Quaker community to attend other events and group meetings. In addition to Meetings for Worship, we hold various regular events. A calendar can usually be found at the end of our monthly newsletter, and more information is available on the noticeboards in the foyer of Friends Meeting House. To receive weekly notices by email, ask to join the clerk’s mailing list. Our regular events include:
1. Bring-and-Share Lunches (Last Sunday of each month, 12:30 pm)
Everyone is welcome to a bring-and-share lunch at Friends Meeting House. In August and December, please check our newsletter for possible date changes.
2. Friday with Friends (certain Fridays, 7 for 7:30 pm)
Please see the newsletter for details for this month
3. Young Adult Friends (Every Monday, 7:00 pm)
Please see the Young Adult Friends page if you’re between 18 and 30.
4. Fairtrade Food Stall (Third Sunday of each month, approx. 10 am to 1 pm)
The stock for this monthly event in our lobby is provided by Fairtrade at St Michael’s on a sale-or-return basis. Friends make no financial profit from the stall – it’s simply a way of raising awareness and availability of Fairtrade products.
5. Friends Fellowship of Healing (Third Wednesday of each month at 1:45 pm in the Garden Room) This is a monthly Meeting for Worship for Healing which holds in the Light those who have asked to be upheld.. The Fellowship seeks spiritual, emotional and physical wellbeing for those whose names it holds in the Light. Contact email@example.com if you would like to ask for yourself or someone else to be remembered.
6. Post Code Community Groups -As Oxford Meeting is so large, we also hold smaller gatherings in different areas of the City in Friends’ homes. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, giving your name and postal address, to be included in invitations to your local community group.
7. Coffee Group at 11 a.m at Blackwell’s cafe. This is an open and informal group that meets after the 9.30 Meeting for Worship.
See also groups focused on Social Action