This information is based on the Government’s rules in place on 1st October 2020. It will be updated to reflect future changes, but there may be a delay.
Meetings for Worship continue to be held at the usual times. Friends are currently able to worship in the following ways:
- In the Meeting House at 43 St Giles’ (subject to the restrictions outlined below)
- Online or via your telephone, using Zoom
- In the quiet of your own home at the normal meeting times, but without connecting to Zoom
In addition, Woodbrooke organises online Meetings for Worship
Worshipping in no. 43
Technology has been installed in the Meeting House to enable Friends attending in person to worship together with those taking part via Zoom (‘blended’ Meeting). The Garden Room and/or Library will be available for unconnected quiet worship for those who prefer.
Spaces in the Meeting House are limited, and all places must be booked in advance. This helps welcomers who need to keep attendance records for the test and trace programme. You can now book up to the day of the meeting. You can book in three ways:
- Online: at Oxford Meeting’s Eventbrite page
Our Eventbrite page shows each meeting with a different image. Just click on the event and fill in a few simple details. If all spaces are taken Eventbrite will not accept your booking.
- By phone: (01865) 557373
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For your safety…
- We will be keeping doors and windows open, so please remember to bring extra clothing.
- We will be adhering to Government advice on social distancing. So, please bring a mask, follow the direction signs and sanitise your hands as requested (sanitiser is provided at various locations on the premised).
- The kitchen will be closed for refreshments.
Obviously, if you are showing any signs of infection (even if you haven’t been tested for Covid-19) we ask you to remain at home and seek medical advice.
Welcomers will check your name off on their list when you arrive for Meeting. They will also encourage Friends to remember social distancing to keep us all safe. Friends are asked to leave as soon after meeting as possible.
Worshipping via Zoom
If you are new both to Oxford Quakers and to Zoom, you may find the page First Time at Meeting via Zoom? helpful.
The Meeting Identity is the same for all but one Meeting throughout the week.* The Zoom codes and telephone numbers are:
- Web: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87383304611?pwd=Vkkya2ZweVVRZjRmOE1JVDBFdTdwUT09
- Zoom ‘client’ (downloaded app): meeting ID = 873 8330 4611; passcode = oxford (all in lower case)
- Telephone: 0203 901 7895 or 0131 460 1196; passcode = 525212 (If dialling from outside the UK remember to use the country code 44)
The Zoom room is open during the following periods:
|Sunday: both Meetings (also business meetings on 1st Sunday)||9:00am onwards|
|Monday: Young Adult Friends||7:45-9:00pm|
|Tuesday and Thursday: early Meetings||7:00-9:00am|
|Wednesday: lunchtime Meeting||11:45am onwards|
* The exception is the ‘Afterword’ gathering from 10.15–12.45 following on from Sunday Meetings, for which the Zoom codes are:
- Web: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89355942467?pwd=MHZEZmF3UWVwVGtqRnFuMDlqdmwrdz09
- Zoom ‘client’ (downloaded app): meeting ID = 893 5594 2467; passcode = oxford (all in lower case)
- Telephone: 0203 481 5240 or 0203 901 7895; passcode = 476863 (If dialling from outside the UK remember to use the country code 44)