This information is based on the Government’s rules in place on 3rd January 2021. It will be updated to reflect future changes, but there may be a delay.
Although religious gatherings are still allowed in Tier 4, Oxford Local Meeting’s Covid Group has decided to suspend in-house Meetings for Worship at No. 43 for at least the month of January 2021.
Meetings for Worship continue to be held at the usual times. Friends are able to worship in the following ways:
- Online or via your telephone, using Zoom
- In the quiet of your own home at the normal meeting times, but without connecting to Zoom
In addition, Woodbrooke organises online Meetings for Worship
Worshipping via Zoom
If you are new both to Oxford Quakers and to Zoom, you may find the page First Time at Meeting via Zoom? helpful.
The Meeting Identity is the same for all but one Meeting throughout the week.* The Zoom codes and telephone numbers are:
- Web: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87383304611?pwd=Vkkya2ZweVVRZjRmOE1JVDBFdTdwUT09
- Zoom ‘client’ (downloaded app): meeting ID = 873 8330 4611; passcode = oxford (all in lower case)
- Telephone: 0203 901 7895 or 0131 460 1196; passcode = 525212 (If dialling from outside the UK remember to use the country code 44)
The Zoom room is open during the following periods:
|Sunday: both Meetings (also business meetings on 1st Sunday)||9:00am onwards|
|Monday: Young Adult Friends||7:45-9:00pm|
|Tuesday and Thursday: early Meetings||7:00-9:00am|
|Wednesday: lunchtime Meeting||11:45am onwards|
* The exception is the ‘Afterword’ gathering from 10.15–12.45 following on from Sunday Meetings, for which the Zoom codes are:
- Web: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89355942467?pwd=MHZEZmF3UWVwVGtqRnFuMDlqdmwrdz09
- Zoom ‘client’ (downloaded app): meeting ID = 893 5594 2467; passcode = oxford (all in lower case)
- Telephone: 0203 481 5240 or 0203 901 7895; passcode = 476863 (If dialling from outside the UK remember to use the country code 44)