OxFAP is a committee administering small grants on behalf of Oxford Quaker Meeting. It is one way in which Oxford Quakers respond to individual poverty in Oxford and help plug gaps in provision from other charities and agencies.
OxFAP needs money because many people in Oxford need money. Particularly, difficulties in getting benefits can leave people destitute and hopeless. In the last few years this has affected more and more people.
Many agencies depend on us for small grants to help people in dire need to turn their lives around or maintain the lives they have struggled to build. We help:
- People coming out of homelessness
- Families in insecure housing
- Children in poverty
- Ex-prisoners struggling to make a new life
Examples of recent grants include:
- Driving licence renewal to help with job application.
- Household goods for people moving into settled accommodation.
- Clothes for interview attendance or work.
- Bicycles to enable people to get to work.
Every penny donated goes via reputable agencies. All our work is done by volunteers and without overheads.
How we determine the allocation of our grants:
We always make donations via an agency or organisation working alongside the individual needing help, rather than giving funds to the individual.
- We have no formal application procedure.
- We give to people who live in Oxford.
- We prioritise applications for small crisis grants that will help people get back on their feet.
- We consider each case separately on its individual merits.
If you are an agency who would like to request a grant, please see Essential Information below.
Donating to OxFAP
You can send a donation in the following ways:
- Write a personal cheque or CAF (Charity Aid Foundation) cheque to Oxford Quaker Meeting (write “OxFAP” on the back and send to OxFAP c/o the Meeting House office (address at the foot of this page), or
- Set up a standing order with your bank made out to Oxford Quaker Meeting with the reference OxFAP.
- Our Bank Details are:
- Bank account: Cooperative Bank
- Account name: Oxford Quaker Meeting
- Account number: 50000898
- Sort code: 08-90-38
- Please make sure you use the reference: OXFAP
If you are a UK taxpayer and are able to supplement your donation through Gift Aid, please download and complete this form and send it to the Meeting House office (address at the foot of this page) or email a scanned copy to email@example.com
Essential Information for Agencies Requesting a Grant
In order for us to assess a request as quickly as possible, we need case workers to identify specific items and give us the exact cost.
- Furniture and household goods: when you research and price items, please check what can be supplied by Emmaus, Helen & Douglas House and Oxfam.
- Homeless resettlement: please find out first what Oxford City Council can supply.
In certain cases, we also need the following essential extra information:
- Any sort of debt: payment plan arrangements.
- Benefits gap: a list of essential monthly outgoings.
To inquire about a grant or to ask any questions, please fill in the following form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.