OxFAP is a committee administering small grants on behalf of Oxford Quaker Meeting. It is one way in which Oxford Quakers respond to individual poverty in Oxford and help plug gaps in provision from other charities and agencies.
OxFAP needs money because many people in Oxford need money. Particularly, difficulties in getting benefits can leave people destitute and hopeless. In the last few years this has affected more and more people.
Many agencies depend on us for small grants to help people in dire need.
- People coming out of living homelessly
- Families in insecure housing
- Children in poverty
- Refugees and asylum seekers
- Ex-prisoners struggling to make a new life
- People who have lost their work, their health, their country or their loved ones…
Every penny donated goes via reputable agencies to people who need it. All our work is done by volunteers with no overheads.
If you would like to donate to OxFAP, you may:
- Donate by clicking the button below
- Or write a personal cheque or CAF (Charity Aid Foundation) cheque to Oxford Quaker Meeting (write “OxFAP” on the back and send to OxFAP, Oxford Quaker Meeting House, 43 St. Giles’, Oxford, OX1 3LW)
How We Determine the Allocation of Our Grants:
We always make donations via an agency or organisation working alongside the individual needing help rather than giving funds to the individual directly.
- Our grants to individuals are up to £250
- We have no formal application procedure or set form (please get in touch via the contact form below)
- We give to people who live in Oxford
- We prioritise applications for small crisis grants that will help get people back on their feet
- We consider each case separately on its individual merits
Examples of recent grants include:
- Driving licence renewal to help with job application
- Clothing, bedding, or white goods for people in process of going from rough sleeping to living settled accommodation
- Train or bus fares to or smart clothes for interview attendance
- Food and toiletries for women fleeing domestic violence
- School needs that cannot be provided by schools
In order for us to assess your request as quickly as possible, we need you to supply full cost estimates.
In certain cases (as listed below), we also need the following essential extra information:
- Rent arrears: payment plan arrangements
- Furniture and white goods: what outlets such as Emmaus could supply
- Homeless resettlement: what Oxford City Council can supply
- Benefits gap: a list of essential monthly outgoings
To inquire after a grant or ask any questions, please fill out the following form. One of our team will get back to you as soon as possible.