OxFAP is a committee administering small grants on behalf of Oxford Quaker Meeting. It is one way in which Oxford Quakers respond to individual poverty in Oxford and help plug gaps in provision from other charities and agencies.
OxFAP needs money because many people in Oxford need money. Particularly, difficulties in getting benefits can leave people destitute and hopeless. In the last few years this has affected more and more people.
Many agencies depend on us for small grants to help people in dire need to turn their lives around or maintain the lives they have struggled to build.
- People coming out of homelessness
- Families in insecure housing
- Children in poverty
- Ex-prisoners struggling to make a new life
Every penny donated goes via reputable agencies. All our work is done by volunteers and without overheads.
If you are an agency who would like to request a grant, please see the Essential Information section below.
If you would like to DONATE to OxFAP please click the button below.
- Or write a personal cheque or CAF (Charity Aid Foundation) cheque to Oxford Quaker Meeting (write “OxFAP” on the back and send to OxFAP, Oxford Quaker Meeting House, 43 St. Giles’, Oxford, OX1 3LW).
- Or set up a standing order with your bank made out to Oxford and Swindon Area Quaker Meeting with the reference OxFAP.
Please use Gift Aid if possible
How we determine the allocation of our grants:
We always make donations via an agency or organisation working alongside the individual needing help rather than giving funds to the individual.
- We have no formal application procedure.
- Agencies should get in touch via the Inquiries Form below.
- We give to people who live in Oxford.
- We prioritise applications for small crisis grants that will help people get back on their feet.
- We consider each case separately on its individual merits.
Examples of recent grants include:
- Driving licence renewal to help with job application.
- Household goods for people moving into settled accommodation.
- Clothes for interview attendance or work.
- Bicycles to enable people to get to work.
In order for us to assess a request as quickly as possible, we need agencies to supply full cost estimates.
In certain cases, we also need the following essential extra information:
- Any sort of debt: payment plan arrangements.
- Furniture and household goods. Please find out first what can be supplied by outlets such as Emmaus, Helen & Douglas House and Oxfam.
- Homeless resettlement. Please find out first what Oxford City Council can supply.
- Benefits gap: a list of essential monthly outgoings.
To inquire about a grant or ask any questions, please fill out the following form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.