Note: During the current pandemic, all children’s meetings are taking place on Zoom. If you would like to join us, please use the form below to contact the Children and Young People’s Committee.
Oxford Quaker Meeting provides three separate meetings for children to coincide with our 11am Sunday Meeting for Worship:
Three times a year children and adults come together for an all-age Meeting for Worship.
We also have a group for babies and toddlers on Tuesdays.
Each summer we organise a Family Day.
Children and Young People’s Committee
Children’s meetings and other activities for children and young people in Oxford are overseen by the Children and Young People’s Committee (CYPC), whose members are appointed by Oxford Local Meeting. In addition, Oxford and Swindon Area Quaker Meeting appoints a Children and Young People’s Work Advocate. This person speaks up for the need to include children and young people in the life of local and area meetings, and supports local meetings to develop their work with younger members.
Our aims are that:
- Children enjoy coming to Meeting!
- Families are welcome and supported; and both adults and children can play an active part in the life of the meeting, growing in a sense of community.
- Our children share with and show concern for others.
- Children are introduced to new ideas and a sense of seeking.
- Children find friends in the meeting, amongst both adults and children.
- Children have opportunities to identify and clarify moral and social issues. Children learn about love, peace and conflict resolution as part of everyday life.
- Children learn about Quakerism, Christianity, the Bible, and other faiths.
- Children come to understand and enjoy the Quaker silent worship and carry that understanding into adult life.
Contact the Children and Young People’s Committee
To get in touch with us, please type your message here. It will be sent directly to the Clerk of CYPC, and a member of the committee will respond as soon as possible.